For the most up to date information on Hurricane Irma Recovery please continue to check in with FEMA
FEMA.gov/hurricane-irma – FEMA Updates
A few of the top things for post-Irma
- Disaster Assistance – Apply online for federal disaster assistance at DisasterAssistance.gov, or on the phone at 800-621-3362.
- Don’t return home until local officials tell you it’s safe. – There could be other hazards throughout your town. Once returning home be sure to check for safety hazards like loose power lines, gas leaks, or structural damage before entering your home. Returning Home Information
- Be aware of scam artists and fraud. – You never have to pay to apply for federal disaster assistance. If someone tells you that you do, it’s a scam. Other common instances of fraud after a disaster include fake house inspectors, fake donation sites, price gouging. For more information on this please visit the FEMA site FEMA.gov/hurricane-irma
- Find help if you’re feeling distressed or overwhelmed. – You can talk to professionals who can help you or family members cope with the emotional distress after the storm. Call the Disaster Distress Line at 800-985-5990 or texting TalkWithUs to 66746.
- Know where to find trusted information. – Keep the Rumors Under Control